Welcome back!! I’m going to combine my Snippet Sunday and ROW80 post, this week to see how it goes.
This week, I’ve
had freak outs over worked on finalizing my cover, planning for the reveal on the 21st, betas reading my story, and planning for blog tours, book blitzes, etc… :p
All of those little technical bits have left me exhausted and dead to the world.
Book 1: Beyond the Divide (Paranormal, Urban Fantasy) 9959 words
Book 2: Bound and Unbroken (BDSM Romance) 1st draft complete & with Betas
- Finish another 20k on Beyond the Divide
- Incorporate beta suggestions on Bound and Unbroken
- Add 10k to Bound and Unbroken
- Send Bound and Unbroken to editor
Accomplishments this week:
- I added an additional 2000ish words to Bound and Unbroken and made a load of corrections
- Finalized cover, again! After deciding on the series name and a couple of other details, the appearance changed a little.
- Began the process of getting the Bound and Unbroken Release Day Blitz and Tour organized, (thanks to Christine at Sinful Thoughts Author Promo)
- I ordered bookmarks, postcards, and business cards!
- Get back to Juicing more often.
- Become more active in my regular blogging activities and in visiting other blogs. I normally get a few visits done and then something comes up and I never get back around to finishing up comments. So I plan to make it a part of my daily routine to visit a few other blogs each day (instead of trying to do it in one swoop).
Accomplishments this week:
- Since I’m sponsoring ROW80 this round, it’s even more incentive to get around to visit the other blogs. I still need to work on visiting a few blogs every day though.
- I bought a new supply of fruits and veggies for juicing 🙂
Last week, Eric and Lena continued their encounter after she ran into him at school, but it doesn’t seem like he’s giving up his pursuit. Today, Lena is attending a small Beethoven concert that her roommate is performing in….
A hand brushed her shoulder, and she bit back the urge to glare up at its owner. Instead, she glanced over to see feet clad in motorcycle boots, half covered in dark jeans. Those certainly weren’t the brown loafers she’d come to expect from most attendees of these events. Slowly her eyes climbed his body, until her heart jumped up and made a nest in her throat.
“Is the Loner saving every seat in this section?”
“Maybe.” She reminded herself to blink before her eyes dried out like her mouth.
Eric glanced to her feet, silently asking for permission to pass.
She let them drop off the back of the chair, but left them outstretched in front of her, ensuring he wouldn’t have room to pass easily. “Are you stalking me?”
We are all different and we all have different demands on our time. Why should we all have the same goal? The simple answer is that we shouldn’t. If you want to be a writer, then you have to be able to roll with the punches and adapt to your changing circumstances. If that means changing your goals when your life blows up, so be it. ROW80 is the challenge that champions the marriage of writing and real life.