Happy Sunday everyone, first up a snippet from Bound and Unbroken, for Snippet Sunday and WeWriWa. If you’d like to skip the snippet and find my ROW 80 update, just scroll down a bit. 🙂 And, if you’ve missed any of my previous snippets, you can find them by clicking the Weekly Snippets in the top menu.
So much for having plenty of room to stretch out, she thought as Eric climbed past her and took the next seat. She hated sharing armrests under normal circumstances—sharing an armrest meant they’d inevitably touch. Just the thought of it made her insides squirm with anticipation.
“Of course I’m not stalking you,” he explained, “I always hang out at Beethoven concerts—it’s a great place to pick up women.”
Lena looked around the room, and then raised an eyebrow and whispered. “You have some kind of grandma fetish I don’t know about?”
His eyes squinted slightly at the word fetish, and Lena tried to let it go, asking herself why on earth she’d ask that question anyway.
“What are you really doing here?” Lena lowered her voice as the room continued to fill and people began sitting in nearby seats.
“I came to see you.”
I’m not sure I have much to talk about this week. The last few days have been a blur, and I’m looking forward to the long weekend. The only highlight I can think of is that my husband is learning to play a Japanese flute and it’s quite entertaining. I’m still nervous about getting everything together, which makes my attention span non-existent.
Book 1: Beyond the Divide (Paranormal, Urban Fantasy) 9959 words
Book 2: Bound and Unbroken (BDSM Romance) 1st draft complete & with Betas
- Finish another 20k on Beyond the Divide (0% complete)
- Incorporate beta suggestions on Bound and Unbroken (50% complete)
- Add 10k to Bound and Unbroken (45% complete)
- Send Bound and Unbroken to editor (pending….)
Accomplishments this week:
- Bound and Unbroken–more corrections, more scenes that needed added totaling about another 2000k
- Preparations for the cover reveal coming up this Tuesday
- Since my KDP select contract ended, I uploaded Fractured Legacy to Smashwords! 🙂
- Get back to Juicing more often.
- Become more active in my regular blogging activities and in visiting other blogs.
Accomplishments this week:
- Well, I have been getting in a few regular blog visits each week, not quite each day.
- Getting into a better habit of recording my to do lists in my planner each week–hoping this helps keep me focused. I know I cover things here on the blog, but I find that handwriting what I need to do helps cement my plans a bit more.
We are all different and we all have different demands on our time. Why should we all have the same goal? The simple answer is that we shouldn’t. If you want to be a writer, then you have to be able to roll with the punches and adapt to your changing circumstances. If that means changing your goals when your life blows up, so be it. ROW80 is the challenge that champions the marriage of writing and real life.