I need a “Gone Living” sign–like those “Gone Fishing” signs.
It’s not that writing and being around social media isn’t an important part of my life, but when things are already crashing into what is always a busy time of the year for me, things have insane, and I had to step away from some things for a while.
Why have I been MIA for the last 10ish days?
- The weather here has been insane, and I had already hurt my back shoveling snow, then I fell down a flight of stairs. So, sitting in front of my computer hasn’t been exactly enjoyable.
- The weather has also resulted in crazy-fluctuating-weather related illnesses, and particularly for me migraines.
- I had to take the proofread version of Bound and Unbroken and format it for Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Createspace.
- Upcoming release also means release party planning and tour planning, so I haven’t much made it past my inbox when logging onto the internet.
- I decided to start a business out of the blue and I’m into week 2 of my big launch (on top of still working my old office job).
Conclusion–Yes! I’m very far behind in the areas of blogging & social media, but I’m only getting about 15 minutes a day to log on and take care of those things right now.
Book 1: Beyond the Divide (Paranormal, Urban Fantasy) 9959 words
Book 2: Bound and Unbroken (BDSM Romance) 73k(ish) words
Finish the final polish on Bound and Unbroken
Final editing fixes by Feb 3
Send it off for a fresh critique
Proofreading by Feb 8 – in progress at the moment
Finish eARC formatting by Feb 10 & send ARCs out by Feb 11 to prepare for Book Blitz & Tours
Incorporate final Proofread & prepare to click publish on February 24!
- Beyond the Divide–I’ve actually been working a little here and there on Beyond the Divide and Wild Guardian. I pulled up my last draft of Wild Guardian, which I haven’t touched in about 8 months and I’ve been working through it, and making notes for some changes. With Beyond the Divide, I’m sitting down and adding to the Reference spreadsheet I created for the series and collecting all of the additional details from Fractured Legacy, so I’ll be good to go again.
- Live Healthier
Fresh Juice at least once per day (hit or miss)
30 minutes of exercise each day (since it has been nice, I’ve been making it to the cemetery to walk again!)
Drink 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day. (Yep!)
- Become more active in my regular blogging activities and in visiting other blogs. (That’s all a big NO!)
Visit & comment on at least 3 blogs per day
Reply to blog comments & make more return visits.
At least 1 meaningful interaction on Google+/Twitter/Facebook per day
Connect with someone new on Google+/Twitter/Facebook each day
Do at least 1 marketing task each day
- Launch my business with Jamberry!
My launch party ends at the end of the month and my goal is to do $400 in sales, I’m about 1/3 of the way there. Next month it will be all about finishing my first fast start and adding someone to my team.
Now I’m off to catch up on a few blog visits before I have to cook dinner.
We are all different and we all have different demands on our time. Why should we all have the same goal? The simple answer is that we shouldn’t. If you want to be a writer, then you have to be able to roll with the punches and adapt to your changing circumstances. If that means changing your goals when your life blows up, so be it. ROW80 is the challenge that champions the marriage of writing and real life.